[Samba] MMC issue

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Dec 5 19:58:04 UTC 2017

On Tue, 5 Dec 2017 12:27:24 -0700 (MST)
Mariusz80 via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Samba - General mailing list wrote
> > On Tue, 5 Dec 2017 12:00:55 -0700 (MST)
> > Mariusz80 via samba <
>
> > samba at .samba
>
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> Samba - General mailing list wrote

> >> ../source3/rpc_server/srvsvc/srv_srvsvc_nt.c:1274(_srvsvc_NetFileEnum)

> >> getent passwd Administrator
> >> administrator:*:10500:10513::/home/administrator:/bin/bash
> >>
> >> smb.conf already contains user.map
> >>

> > The fact that 'Administrator' has an ID that isn't '0' means that,
> > to Linux, Administrator is just another user and can only do what
> > any normal user can do.
>
> In fact on my dc Administrator has an id=0 and mmc is working
> correctly. How can I solve that ?

This is because on a DC, the mapping is done in idmap.ldb, so you don't
need the user.map on a DC

> > You could try running 'net cache flush'
>
> net chache flush  doesn't give any output and nothing change.

If 'doesn't give any output' means that 'getent passwd Administrator'
doesn't show what it did before, then try again from windows, it should
now work.

If you are still getting output from 'getent passwd Administrator',
please post your smb.conf

Rowland