[Samba] Low speed in Smaba sharing

Andreas Heinlein aheinlein at gmx.com
Tue Dec 5 07:52:31 UTC 2017

Hello,

enforcement of smb signing is independent of whether the client is
joined to the DC or not. On Windows, it is controlled by a registry key
that applies to all SMB traffic. It is explained in detail here:
https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/josebda/2010/12/01/the-basics-of-smb-signing-covering-both-smb1-and-smb2/

With samba, server signing is controlled by the value of "server
signing" in smb.conf. The default behaviour follows that of Microsoft's
recommendations, i.e. "mandatory" on a domain controller. You could try
to set "server signing = disabled" in your smb.conf, that should
increase your speed. Be sure you understand the security implications of
this!

bye,
Andreas