[Samba] samba net ads join windows active directory with ldap ssl

Arjit Gupta arjitk.gupta at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 06:48:50 UTC 2017

Hi,

On checking it further.
I observe below message from net ads command.

LDAP] TLS: hostname (*X.X.X.X*) does not match common name in certificate (
win.cifs.com).
[LDAP] ldap_err2string
Failed to issue the StartTLS instruction: Connect error

I am able to fetch data successfully from ldapsearch command.

It seems samba is connecting to ldap with IP but in client certificate
domain name is mentioned.
Please suggest how should i modify my smb.conf.

Arjit Kumar
9650104435