[Samba] GID range full!!

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Mon Dec 4 17:07:28 UTC 2017

> Possibly, if, by using the old config, Samba is ignoring the 'idmap
> config DOMAIN' lines and putting everything into the '*' domain, then
> you may (probably would) have more than your original set up allowed.
> If this fixes it, you have found another bug ;-)
> It should work with the old lines.

I now changed that parameter, edited the range down to 2000-2999 again
and restarted services. We can connect OK, fine. We test some things now.

Can I somehow check how many of those IDs are used right now?
Somehow monitor if this change fixed it?

Last time it took a week to crash again, I would prefer to be able to
know things earlier.