[Samba] upgrading DC 4.5.x to 4.7.x

Mike Lykov combr at samges.ru
Sun Dec 3 17:10:49 UTC 2017

02.12.2017 22:13, mj via samba пишет:

>> why not simply add new DCs to current production domain?
> Because we were facing corruption issues on the 4.5 DCs, upgrading those
> to 4.7 didn't work out.

corruption/replication issues on 4.5 production servers between each 4.5
before try to upgrade?
I have an old 4.1 DCs with "internal dns inconsistent" status now.

  We tried, but faced replication issues, and
> commands like samba-tool drs showrepl no longer showed any output, or
> python errrors and timeouts. Also fsmo transfer failed with timeout issues.

Ok, I understand, thanks for the clarification.

>> I'm thinking about way to upgrade too, but using "separated environment"
> Just a different VLAN with only the DCs.

different VLAN, but with same addresses/network mask? without gateway
with main network, ok.

> After some practising and taking notes, I could do it in just a few
> hours for our three DCs. :-)

i.e. you can try free in diffrenet vlan for some time (restore, try,
delete and next attempt), and, when ready, start replacing new copy of
production domain? ok...

--
Mike