[Samba] idamp ad/rid

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Dec 2 15:10:20 UTC 2017

On Sat, 2 Dec 2017 12:13:08 -0200
Elias Pereira via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> > Sorry, but that isn't going to work with 'samba-tool user edit'
> > You would need to write an 'editor' script to do what you would
> > need to do.
>

> Ok.
>
> Bit busy, just now, give me some time, I have a script somewhere that
> > should do what you want.
>

> Of course Rowland. Work on what you're working on. I do not want to
> disturb you. :)
>
> I'll give a researched on the "editor" script.
>
> Thanks again for the help !!! :)
>
> On Sat, Dec 2, 2017 at 11:01 AM, Rowland Penny via samba <
> samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 2 Dec 2017 10:21:07 -0200
> > Elias Pereira <empbilly at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Correcting! :)
> > >
> > > #!/bin/bash
> > > #
> > > GROUP=ADM
> > > GUID=10000      # Domain Users
> > > UID=10000         # get the next ID ?
> > >
> > > for USER in $(samba-tool group listmembers $GROUP)
> > > do
> > >     samba-tool user edit $USER --nis-domain=samdom \
> > >     --unix-home=/home/$USER \
> > >     --uid-number=${NEXTID} \
> > >     --login-shell=/sbin/nologin \
> > >     --gid-number=$GUID
> > > done
> > >

> > > Of course that script is very simple, but is a beginning. :)
> > >
> > > Can you help me to make this script?

> > Sorry, but that isn't going to work with 'samba-tool user edit'
> > You would need to write an 'editor' script to do what you would
> > need to do.
> >
> > Bit busy, just now, give me some time, I have a script somewhere
> > that should do what you want.
> >
> > Rowland
> >
> > --

Found it and tested it, still works ;-)

Hope you can understand it, all you need do is open sam.ldb with
ldbedit, find
'CN=your_workgroup_name,CN=ypservers,CN=ypServ30,CN=RpcServices,CN=System,DC=your,DC=dns,DC=name'

Add:
msSFU30MaxUidNumber: 'the start number for your UIDs'

Close and save sam.ldb

Then feed the script with the required info, I would suggest you try it
with just one user first.

Rowland