[Samba] Log rotation issue

Anantha Raghava raghav at exzatechconsulting.com
Fri Dec 1 10:36:52 UTC 2017

Hi,

Continuing on the same subject, the VARIABLE SUBSTITUTIONS are not
working. for example, I want to have the date & time attached to the
samba log file. Hence I modified the smb.conf

log file = /var/log/samba/samba.%T.log

The file with name "samba.%T.log" gets created in /var/log/samba folder
and %T will not get substituted with current date & time.

I request for your guidance to correct this part. Also the samba
continues to write into .old file as well and not finding any means to
correct it.

Many thanks for your guidance in advance.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Anantha Raghava