[Samba] sendmail getting domain\user as email userId

Mark Foley mfoley at ohprs.org
Fri Dec 1 08:47:26 UTC 2017

On Fri, 1 Dec 2017 08:31:18 +0000 Rowland Penny <rpenny at samba.org> wrote:
> [...]

Yeah, I saw that, and I read the developer's comment. Frankly, I don't get it. Seems to me
winbind behaviour should be the same, AD/DC or domain member. And it should deliver to programs
the id they expect (w/o domain name), regardless of the use being made. I don't see the benefit
for any use of adding the domain to the Id unless there is some odd circumstance that an
installation has more than one domain and the same user Id -- in which case this should be the
exception rather than the rule.

Oh well ...

I'll investigate your nlscd suggestion.

THX --Mark