[Samba] KB3163912 breaks Point and Print Restrictions GPO settings for non-packaged-aware printer drivers

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Thu Aug 31 18:15:01 UTC 2017

Hi Sebastian,

Am 31.08.2017 um 12:46 schrieb Sebastian Arcus via samba:
> I can confirm that I seem to be experiencing the same problem. A few
> days ago, printers published from Samba AD and installed via GPO refused
> to install any more. This has been working fine for 6 months or so,
> since I setup the AD, until a few days ago - all according to
> instructions here:
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Automatic_Printer_Driver_Downloads_for_Windows_Clients.

I set these GPOs in my test environment when I wrote the documentation.
Today I booted my Win10 Pro 1703 (all available updates installed)
domain member. DCs and print server run meanwhile 4.7.0rc3. I ran
"gpupdate /force /target:computer" and rebooted the client to be sure
that the GPO has been applied.

I could assign a driver to a new printer hosted on the Samba print
server from Win10 and successfully connect to the printer. I
unfortunately can't reproduce it here at the moment.

Can you test this with 4.7rc5? Maybe it's a bug/incompatibility in 4.6.
The upcoming 4.7 release contains new printer-related code.

Regards,
Marc