[Samba] Shares not accessible when using FQDN

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Aug 30 13:06:52 UTC 2017

Ok, on the subject, shares not acceccable when using fqdn.

The server must have a A and PTR record for the real hostname within the REALM,
then any CNAME should work.

But if the Primary domain or the search domain is incorrect ( on the client) then,
\\FQDN(CNAME)\share  wont work, since it cannot find the "real" hostname
Which resolve to A/PTR.

I did ask for an IPCONFIG /all from a working and not working pc.
But .. .. I cant check it, i've not seen anything.

The cluster part, thats not yet my thing, so i cant tell anything about that.

Greetz,

Louis