[Samba] Shares not accessible when using FQDN

Gaetan SLONGO gslongo at it-optics.com
Tue Aug 29 14:27:46 UTC 2017

Hi,

"CLUSTER" is because this server is related to a computing cluster, and is the master node of that cluster ;) No relation with Samba infrastructure, this is just a DNS/Netbios alias.
To be honnest the reason why this server is also a DC is to solve a big issue appeared when migrating from 3 to 4. We had no other choice because of a couple of reasons, however it is planed to demote it in the near future howerver at this time it needs to work

Ok thank you I will try by removing the winbind lines

Regarding the share structure I know this is not a good setup at that time, now we are in the first step : Migrating from 3 to 4, second step will be better share structure. This is needed to reduce disruptions. We always operate like this until now and it was always successful.
Why do you say homes are not working on a DC ? We have a couple of servers which are DC and fileserver at the same time (and provide homes shares)

For now, the biggest issue is shares are not working when using a DNS alias because a couple of users have network drives or shortcuts which use them

Thank you !