[Samba] Issues with mounting Samba shares after update

Kristian Petersen nesretep at chem.byu.edu
Mon Aug 28 19:41:16 UTC 2017

Actually it isn't part of AD at all.   We are using FreeIPA and Samba.  We
just finally figured this out with the help of some folks at Red Hat.  It
turned out there was a bug in one of the libraries that came along with
sssd (sssd-libwbclient I believe).  Their suggestion to use winbind and the
version of the same library that came with it seems to have solved our
problem instantly.  It appears that Red Hat is recommending not upgrading
to RHEL 7.4 until this bug is resolved.

However, a new file server we are setting up that appears to have the same
issue is not fixed by doing those same things making it a bit confusing.
We have compared config files between them, and they appear to be the same,
which makes it even more confusing.

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 8:26 AM, Emmanuel Florac <eflorac at intellique.com>
wrote:

> Le Fri, 18 Aug 2017 13:28:25 -0600
> Kristian Petersen via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> écrivait:
>
> > Our fileserver (running RHEL 7.4) has suddenly stopped allowing
> > access to network shares through Samba.  It is running Samba 4.6.2.
> > When someone tries to mount a shared folder it prompts them for a
> > username and password which fails even when the password is correct,
> > rather than using their valid Kerberos ticket as it has in the past.
> > Anyone here has a similar experience or suggestions as to where to
> > begin?  The NT Hashes stored in LDAP are definitely accessible to the
> > server (we ran some test ldapsearch commands), so even if we weren't
> > using Kerberos that should be working (but it isn't).
>
> Kerberos ticket, so I suppose it's part of an AD domain. Maybe your
> server clock has drifted away from the ADS? What does "net ads
> testjoin" say?
>
> --
> Emmanuel Florac     |   Direction technique
>                     |   Intellique
>                     |   <eflorac at intellique.com>
>                     |   +33 1 78 94 84 02

Kristian Petersen