[Samba] Windows pre-requisites for login with winbind?

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Aug 21 16:24:59 UTC 2017

On Mon, 21 Aug 2017 15:37:03 +0000
"A. James Lewis" <james at fsck.co.uk> wrote:

> OK, obviously I am slightly sanitising the output here, but I'm
> preserving the case, and just replacing local names with generic ones
> as I did for the config.

Not a problem with doing that ;-)

> # more /etc/hosts
> 127.0.0.1   localhost
> 127.0.1.1   hostname01

OK, does this computer get its ip via dhcp ?
if it does, just remove the '127.0.1.1' line.
If it doesn't, remove the '127.0.1.1' line and add a line:

<ip for hostname01> hostname01.domain.local hostname01

> # more /etc/resolv.conf
> search domain.local
> nameserver 10.0.3.1

Is '10.0.3.1' the ipaddress of the AD DC (or something that will get
you to the AD DC ?

Rowland