[Samba] AutoFS

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Aug 21 12:15:28 UTC 2017

On Mon, 21 Aug 2017 13:47:39 +0200
Jeremy Guasco <jguasco+samba at lncsa.com> wrote:

> Le 21/08/2017 à 12:21, Rowland Penny via samba a écrit :
> > On Mon, 21 Aug 2017 11:48:39 +0200
> > Jeremy Guasco <jguasco+samba at lncsa.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Thank you for the reply.
> >>
> >> I can create the "dn: OU=automount" but when I want to create  "dn:
> >> OU=auto.master,OU=automount" I have the following error :
> >>
> >> ERR: (Object class violation) "objectclass: the objectclass
> >> 'organizationalUnit' seems to be unrelated to automountMap!" on DN
> >> OU=auto.master,OU=automount,dc=corp,DC=lncsa,dc=com at block before
> >> line 15 Modify failed after processing 0 records
> > How did you add the schema you found on the Samba wikipage ?
> >
> > Rowland
> >

> I splited the ldif on 2 files (attributes and classes) :
>
> ldbmodify -H /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb
> samba_automount_attributes --option="dsdb:schema update allowed"=true
>
> ldbmodify -H /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb samba_automount_classes
> --option="dsdb:schema update allowed"=true

That's the correct way to do it (the wikipage was wrong, I have
corrected this)

Have you checked that the objectClasses are in AD ?

ldbsearch --cross-ncs -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb -b "CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=samdom,DC=example,DC=com" -s sub '(cn=automount)'

ldbsearch --cross-ncs -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb -b "CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=samdom,DC=example,DC=com" -s sub '(cn=automountMap)'

If they do exist, what do you get for 'objectClassCategory' ?

Rowland