[Samba] What is needed for [x] enable bidi support

Martin Vogt martin.vogt at itwm.fraunhofer.de
Mon Aug 21 08:23:57 UTC 2017

My HP printers only print black&white most likely because they need
bidi support to query the snmp printer configuration.

https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2017-August/210317.html

Is there any information, what is needed to implement this feature?

I assume it's the PRINTER_ATTRIBUTE_ENABLE_BIDI and the SendRecvBidiData
method which is not implemented and I found this SPEC:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/print/bidirectional-communication

Is it correct that the call in the server is:

srv_spoolss_nt.c:
WERROR _spoolss_SendRecvBidiData(struct pipes_struct *p,
                                  struct spoolss_SendRecvBidiData *r)
{
         p->fault_state = DCERPC_FAULT_OP_RNG_ERROR;
         return WERR_NOT_SUPPORTED;
}