[Samba] Taking down domain controller and I don't want to upset winbind

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 12:47:34 UTC 2017

You could try to create a new "Active Directory Site" with no network
associated, then move DC1 to that AD site.
If you have some other AD site with networks declared (and in these
networks the one containing your winbind client) winbind should move from
DC1 to another DC at one moment.

Windows client keep DC in cache 24h when this is in same AD site than the
client. And so after 24h they should start a new process to find a new DC
(possibly the same).

I expect winbind should have a relatively similar behaviour than Windows
client, so at one moment your winbind should start a process to find
another DC to connect on.

I'd be pleased to know if that worked :)

: