[Samba] Samba 4.7rc4. (Debian Stretch Amd64 packages/sources available)

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Aug 18 09:11:29 UTC 2017

Ok, great, i'll go test more things for these  4.7rc (MIT-enabled) packages.
A question on this, to be sure, if added, will it upgrade my samba DB or is it staying at 4.6 level.
Or how is determent when the samba db is upgraded when you add a new DC.
When a higer samba version is added? or when the dc with FSMO DC is upgrade?
I know its against recommendations to run different versions of the DC's.

> On your configure line:
>
> >                --with python2,python3
To my believe, it do what i says, --with python2,python3  enable python 2 and 3 support.
I hoped to be safe with this, keep python2 support and enable 3 also.
Jessie also had 2.7 and 3.4 but it defaults to 2.7.
The debian wiki is a bit unclear about stretch 2.7 and 3.5 but the default is left out. :-(
https://wiki.debian.org/Python

If im interpeting that wrong, then i would like to know the preffered python for samba 4.7 (python 2.7 or 3.5)
I saw on technical some thing going to python 3 but this debian build still used 2.7.
So im bit unclear about this.

> > I'm not sure what you think that does.  I'm not aware of that
> being a valid syntax.
>
> Finally, while you may do what you like with your packages, the MIT
> Krb5 KDC should not be enabled for the official Debian
> packages if you are hoping to propose them there, as RODC
> support is not available with the MIT KDC.

Yes, i know wbout het missing PKINIT RODC and S4u2... Support.  ( im not useing that as far as i know.)
I did read the "WHATSNEW" ;-)  and no, these will not go to official debian.
At least not the mit version. This samba 4.7rc4 with MIT support stays in my personal repo.
It gives people at least the option to (more easy) test things bit more quickly for 4.7
but thank you for pointing this out.

Now i can make a new one also with heimdal support, to keep inline with the official debian and a -MIT version to test with.

Thanks for you time and knowledge...

Greetz,

Louis