[Samba] FW: Samba access problem after upgrading the host OS

Chunduru, Krishnachaithanya Krishnachaithanya.Chunduru at broadridge.com
Wed Aug 16 09:34:52 UTC 2017

Hi All,

Recently I have migrated my host OS from Aix 6.1 to Aix 7.1, after upgrade the users are having access problem to the shares as they have mapped to network drives.

I have added the user IP address in the smb.conf  "hosts allow" and the /etc/hosts.allow file. But still the users are not able to connect to the server.

I'm able to telnet the ports 139 and 445 but the ports 137,138 are not connecting.

The error screenshot says " XXXX is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. The account is not authorized to login in from this station."

The log shows the below entries.

[2017/08/16 03:43:23, 1] lib/util_sock.c:get_peer_name(1191)
  Gethostbyaddr failed for XXXX
[2017/08/16 03:43:23, 2] lib/access.c:check_access(323)
  Allowed connection from XXXX (XXXX)
[2017/08/16 03:43:37, 0] lib/util_sock.c:read_data(534)
  read_data: read failure for 4 bytes to client XXXX. Error = Connection reset by peer
[2017/08/16 05:26:15, 1] lib/util_sock.c:get_peer_name(1191)
  Gethostbyaddr failed for XXXX
[2017/08/16 05:26:15, 2] lib/access.c:check_access(323)
  Allowed connection from XXXX (XXXX)
[2017/08/16 05:26:28, 0] lib/util_sock.c:read_data(534)
  read_data: read failure for 4 bytes to client XXXX. Error = Connection reset by peer

Can someone please help on these issue.

Regards,
Krishna