[Samba] Blank printers names while browsing remote printers

Olivier BILHAUT obilhaut at fondation-misericorde.fr
Tue Aug 15 16:31:00 UTC 2017

Hi Louis,

Thanks for your reply, and sorry for delay. we were busy
trying to solve the issue ;), and a few days off after that.

Finally,
it looks like it was a corrupted tdb file, the
/var/lib/samba/registry.tdb

When I browsed the file via a windows
registry console, I can see that a working printer had subkeys and
settings while a problematic printer had nothing underneath.

I solved
the problem by :

 	* browsing the printer via a Windows 7 explorer
 	*
trying to connect, the windows browser say that the driver "" cannot be
found on the system, etc
 	* I chose a generic driver temporary
 	* Once
the printer is installed on the client, I delete it (still on the client
spooler)
 	* I refresh the print management console, the printer is
named back and has the wrong driver
 	* I change the driver, put the ACL
back, check the samba port back too, and the printer is ready

Now I put
a backup on all the samba directories every day ;)

Cheers and thanks a
lot, I keep your advices for ou next upgrades from samba 4.5 to 4.6
domain controlers

Cheers
--

Olivier