[Samba] NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR and cannot join windows 7 samba4-ad-dc fresh install, get NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Aug 11 19:36:46 UTC 2017

On Fri, 11 Aug 2017 15:06:11 -0400 (CDT)
Ing. Luis Felipe Domínguez Vega <luis.dominguez at mtz.desoft.cu> wrote:

> How strange that is, with the old server that does not happen, but
> with this new server... I thought that as I only copied
> the /var/lib/samba to the new server, then samba with the samba
> provision command make something outside the /var/lib/samba (and
> smb.conf file) that I miss from the old server.

Lets see if I understand this correctly:

Your DC went faulty and you copied /var/lib/samba to some where safe.
You created a new DC with the same hostname and ipaddress.
You installed Samba.
You stopped any Samba processes.
You copied your old /var/lib/samba over the new one.
you then ran 'samba-tool domain provision'

Is the above what you did ?
If not, what did you do ?

Rowland