[Samba] Samba AD External Authentication to OpenDJ

Wong Kee Wee keewee at azlabs.sg
Fri Aug 11 10:22:12 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

Currently we have an existing OpenDJ LDAP Server containing our user
population.

We are looking to implement Samba AD to leverage on the GPO to managed
the end users' workstations and file share centrally.
We are exploring if it is possible to delegate the user authentication
to the external OpenDJ so that we will only need to manage one set of
password for the users.

I have tried Googling for more information on this integration but the
best info I can find is this thread back in 2015, where the developer
stated that it wasn't possible then.
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2015-March/189733.html

Are there any possiblity to authentication with an external source
currently or is it still a pipe dream?

Thank you!
--
Best regards,