[Samba] extremely low performance on Samba 4.2.14-Debian

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Aug 11 08:16:32 UTC 2017

Hai,

I got a personal notice of a user, which server was running 4.2.14 (debian jessie),
he only got 10-14Mb/s, after upgrading to my 4.6.6 package (now 4.6.7, he is now getting the full gigabit connection speed.

Now if you dont want to upgrade you can try set the nic speed in smb.conf.
( man smb.conf )
interface[;key1=value1[,key2=value2[...]]]

       Known keys are speed, capability, and if_index. Speed is specified in bits per second.

And i must say, this should not be needed, but its possible the speed is wrongly detected.
I was not able to determin why this was on his server, i had access to console for this one.
(its a college of me)

Greetz,

Louis