[Samba] cannot join windows 7 samba4-ad-dc fresh install, get NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Aug 10 12:53:01 UTC 2017

On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 19:22:58 +0700
Vladimir Frelikh <e285ne at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> thanks for your participatioin,

OK, if I compare your output with the one I get (that works)
the differences (with common lines removed) are:

You get:

smbclient -L $(hostname -f) -UAdministrator -d3

Client started (version 4.5.8-Debian).
Enter Administrator's password:

Doing spnego session setup (blob length=96)
got OID=1.2.840.113554.1.2.2
got OID=1.3.6.1.4.1.311.2.2.10
got principal=not_defined_in_RFC4178 at please_ignore

Got challenge flags:
Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x62898215
NTLMSSP: Set final flags:
Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x62088215
NTLMSSP Sign/Seal - Initialising with flags:
Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x62088215
SPNEGO login failed: An internal error occurred.
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR

I get:

smbclient -L $(hostname -f) -UAdministrator -d3

Client started (version 4.6.0).

Enter SAMDOM\Administrator's password:

	Sharename       Type      Comment
	---------       ----      -------
	netlogon        Disk
	sysvol          Disk
	IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (Samba 4.6.0)
E2BIG: convert_string(UTF-8,CP850): srclen=27 destlen=16 - 'DC1.SAMDOM.EXAMPLE.COM'
Connecting to 192.168.0.2 at port 139
got OID=1.2.840.48018.1.2.2

	Server               Comment

	Workgroup            Master

I have libnss_winbind setup on the DC, do you ?

Or to put it another way, what packages did you install ?

Rowland