[Samba] cannot join windows 7 samba4-ad-dc fresh install, get NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Aug 10 12:37:45 UTC 2017

Hai,

I've done some testing and i compaired the outputs of a original debian and own package.
Same result, no errors, everything, i did test 4.1.17 4.5.8 4.5.12 4.6.6 and 4.6.7 servers.
Again same result everything ok. uhh. So what happend then...

Now i tested again but typed a wrong password..
And,, yes, it was a typo in my password, .. (oeps) sorry for the noise.
Now bit more testing, all with a wrong password.

A samba 4.5.12 give this output
smbclient -L $(hostname -f) -Uadministrator -msmb2
Enter administrator's password:
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

A 4.6.6 however..
smbclient -L $(hostname -f) -Uadministrator -m smb2
NTDOM\administrator's password:
Kinit for administrator at REALM to access member1.internal.domain.tld
failed: Preauthentication failed session setup failed:
NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

So somewhere in 4.6 the output changed.
And i would expect : NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD
And not :  NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

@Rowland..
Pfew, you scarred me. Something wrong in my setup or packages..
   :-/ your the joker aren't you. :-p  ;-)

Gr.

Louis
P.s. i dont have a original debian 4.6.5 running so cant test that one.
Ow and -msmb2 or not result is the same.