[Samba] cannot join windows 7 samba4-ad-dc fresh install, get NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Aug 10 09:58:18 UTC 2017

Hai,

Im missing at least one of these on the PC.
Primary Dns Suffix  . . . . . . . :
DNS suffix search list       :

Are you using DHCP server or static ips on the pc.
Thats where this problem is, i dont think its the server (samba) setup.

@Rowland, > smbclient -L localhost -U% -d3
Wont work, due to bug in smbclient thats tries smb1 first ( or something like that )

I suggest test like this, als there also i see a strange reaction.
( see my output of a 3 time running this command on a member server )

(Member)
smbclient -L $(hostname -f) -Uadministrator -m smb2
Enter NTDOM\administrator's password:
Kinit for administrator at REALM to access member1.internal.domain.tld failed: Preauthentication failed
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

smbclient -L $(hostname -f) -Uadministrator -m smb2
Enter NTDOM\administrator's password:

        Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        secret-share$       Disk
        IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (Samba 4.6.7-Debian)

        Server               Comment
        ---------            -------

        Workgroup            Master
        ---------            -------

smbclient -L $(hostname -f) -Uadministrator -m smb2
Enter NTDOM\administrator's password:

        Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        secret-share$   Disk
        IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (Samba 4.6.7-Debian)

        Server               Comment
        ---------            -------

        Workgroup            Master
        ---------            -------

on the DC, i see something different, thats ok, in one go.

smbclient -L $(hostname -f) -Uadministrator -m smb2
Enter NTDOM\administrator's password:

        Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        sysvol          Disk
        netlogon        Disk
        IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (Samba 4.6.6-Debian)

        Server               Comment

        Workgroup            Master

Now, since there is a difference in versions, ive upgrade the DC now also to 4.6.7.
But that show the same result.
So small bug in the member version but not that is errors out.

Greetz,

Louis