[Samba] Error while transferring fsmo-roles

thom_schu at gmx.de thom_schu at gmx.de
Tue Aug 8 11:45:31 UTC 2017

Because I wanted to reinstall a DC1 (samba 4.3.11-SerNet, SLES 11 SP3 before reinstall)
which owned all fsmo-roles, I transferred the roles to another DC2 (samba 4.6.6-SerNet, SLES 12 SP 2).
As I wrote all roles were tranferred successful, but with an error message.

After demotion and reinstallation I joined DC1 with success again, but all SRV-entries (_kerberos, _ldap, _kpasswd)
were not generated.
Do I list the replication on DC1, all connections under "INBOUND NEIGHBORS" shows an error "WERR_DS_DRA_ACCESS_DENIED".
The connections under "OUTBOUND NEIGHBORS" are with success.

Can it be, the missing DNS-entries and the replication error has to do with the error when I transferred the fsmo-roles ?

Regards