[Samba] Not enough storage space error

Anantha Raghava raghav at exzatechconsulting.com
Tue Aug 8 03:00:31 UTC 2017

Hello Andrew & Louis,

Yesterday by around 1:30 PM we had the same issue. Samba AD kicked all
of us out and RSAT did not connect to any domain controllers.
/*Incidentally the RSAT that caused this error was running on Windows 7
Professional 64 Bit edition.*/

When I restarted the samba-ad-dc service, all started working well
again. However, as mentioned again, I could not trace the error in the
logs. I have uploaded the log (starting 11:00 AM to 2:30 PM, it is 36 MB
in size!!) to google drive and invited you all.  Request you to check
and suggest. The logs are from PDC emulator. We have one more additional
domain controller. If you need I can enclose the logs from second DC as
well.

Also enclosed is the Windows Event (in CSV format) from the PC with
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit, running RSAT. I could only see the error
with respect to Group Policy processing and windows pc had some problem
with restarting.

Unfortunately the script we have written to dump the memory consumption
by samba process has failed. The file is having only few entries untill
10:00, till then everything was normal. I will fix this, simulate the
error, take the dump and post it here.

Also as Marc had suggested, dbcheck --cross-ncs didn't report any error
on both DCs.

Look forward for your help to fix this.

--

Thanks & Regards,