[Samba] Error while transferring fsmo-roles

thom_schu at gmx.de thom_schu at gmx.de
Mon Aug 7 11:58:00 UTC 2017

> I faced the same problem, solved it by adding the line
> import samba.drs_utils
> to the file fsmo.py.
>
> When building samba yourself, from withtin the base directory you can
> apply this patch file to do it for you:

Thank you Nobert.
Indeed the line "import samba.drs_utils" is missing, although I'm using the repositories from Sernet.
According to "samba-tool fsmo show", the roles were in spite of the error successfully transfered.
Was the transfer completed or can it be there is something missing ?
What about the DNS-entry "_msdcs->pdc->_tcp" ? Isn't it an entry for the PDC ? Because after I transfered
the roles, this DNS-entry didnt change, I changed manually.

Regards