[Samba] Could you please comment on my findings? (was: Huge number of small files performance regression from 3.5.16 to 4.6.5)

awl1 awl1 at mnet-online.de
Fri Aug 4 14:49:30 UTC 2017

Hello again, Jeremy (and hello, fellow Samba experts - maybe someone of
you can comment on this, too!?),

please accept my apologies in case you are on vacation - otherwise in
case you are still terribly busy, please at least reply very shortly
stating when you will finally have some time to look into this issue and
my findings...

Sorry to still be such a pain in your neck(s), but another two weeks
passed, and I still did not receive any feedback on my findings (and
questions re making Microsoft aware of their issue in case my analysis
is correct).

Looking forward to your assessment and proposal on how to move
forward... ;-)

Thanks a million, best regards & have a great weekend
Andreas