[Samba] explorer.exe: no mapping between names and security ids was done

Bernie Elbourn berni421 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 16:59:01 UTC 2017

Hi,

> On Thu, 3 Aug 2017 16:16:55 +0100
> Bernie Elbourn via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>

>> Ad is indeed possible but so far not needed.
> you might not think you need it now, but Microsoft stopped supporting
> them some years ago and now seems to be trying (little by little) to
> stop them working with Windows. You may install an update one day and
> suddenly find your NT4-style domain no longer works!
> I think it is much better to start planning the update to AD now,
> rather than waiting for the headless chicken moment ;-)
>
> It is your domain though and you can do whatever you please.
>
> Rowland

Good steer! Thanks. Sorry, I was abrupt about AD. I am actually a bit grumpy with the situation at this site .. last
year there was actually a very strong business driver for 2fa last year which needed AD and a bunch of other
investments. That work is still on hold ... leaving a pile of legacy issues. Near the top of the pile was the samba on
Debian wheezy dropping into old old stable :-(

Bernie