[Samba] Bad SMB2 signature on Samba 4

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Aug 1 15:30:37 UTC 2017

On Tue, 1 Aug 2017 12:17:04 -0300
Marcio Demetrio Bacci <marciobacci at gmail.com> wrote:

> However, after that I removed winbind lines of the my smb.conf the
> "getent passwd" command shows only local users. The "getent group"
> command shows only local groups.
>
> Is this a problem?

No, it is a 'good' thing, imagine that you have 100,000 users, you have
the lines in smb.conf and you run 'getent passwd', how long do you
think it will take to display all the users and what will it have
gained you ? What if the user, you need to be sure exists, has the ID
10001, it will have scrolled of the screen and you will probably miss
it. If you run 'getent passwd username' you will get the output for
'username' if it exists, or nothing if it doesn't.

Rowland