[Samba] Upgrade Samba 4.2 to 4.6

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Sun Apr 30 09:17:02 UTC 2017

Hi Marcio,

See: https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Updating_Samba

> Is the same strucure samba 4.6 version and samba 4.2?  Is there any
> incompatibility?

Depents on what do you mean by incompatiblity. A lot of changes were
made since the 2 years 4.2 was released. Some defaults have been
changed, new features were introduced that may change some behaviour in
your envirionment, etc.

The most notable changes are listed on the "Updating Samba" page.
Additionally, read the x.y.0 release notes of all versions you skip to
make sure that there aren't some more changes that affect your environment.

Everything important is described on this page.

Regards,
Marc

PS: In an AD, there is no primary|secondary DC. Just call them DC. :-)