[Samba] Problem with Samba 4.6

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Apr 28 15:41:00 UTC 2017

On Fri, 28 Apr 2017 17:30:45 +0200
Marc Muehlfeld <mmuehlfeld at samba.org> wrote:

> Am 28.04.2017 um 08:59 schrieb Rowland Penny via samba:
> > Yes, but did you try it the way suggested in the link I posted ?
>
> Yes, and it also fails.

Fair enough, but Achim seems to have fixed his problem and I think he
has done it in the same way as the windows fix. If you read
nt_printing.c, you will find this:

* This is a Microsoft'ism. See references in MSDN to VER_FILEVERSION
* for more details. Version in this case is not just the version of the
* file, but the version in the sense of kernal mode (2) vs. user mode
* (3) drivers. Other bits of the version fields are the version info.
* JRR 010716

and the link I posted shows this as the fix on win7:

x86	Type3 - UserMode

cversion == Type ???

Rowland