[Samba] Samba authentication using non-AD Kerberos?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Apr 27 19:15:16 UTC 2017

On Thu, 2017-04-27 at 07:17 -0600, S P Arif Sahari Wibowo via samba
wrote:
> In the old days (Samba 3), it can use LDAP for login but
> doing that by storing password in LDAP field using unsecure
> encryption, and I cannot do that now.

To be clear, as I think Rowland has already mentioned, (almost)
everything that Samba could do previously with 'Samba 3', it can still
do.

If your LDAP/Kerberos system has dropped storing the sambaNTPassword
however, then that change on your end is not something we can do
anything about.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett