[Samba] Samba AD with internal DNS: Can't resolve aliases anymore

lingpanda101 lingpanda101 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 15:25:36 UTC 2017

On 4/27/2017 11:12 AM, Luca Olivetti via samba wrote:
> El 27/04/17 a les 16:46, Dirk Heinrichs via samba ha escrit:

>>> Yes, that's the case.
>>
>> Is there anything else I could check?
>
> I don't know, sorry, I just know that when I had the same problem I
> saw that nsswitch in the hosts line had "files mdns4_minimal
> [NOTFOUND=return] dns" and I just removed the "mdns4_minimal
> [NOTFOUND=return" part.
> Now that I checked nsswitch I see that something put the mdns4_minimal
> part back again and it's still working, so I'm not sure that it was
> the real problem.
>
> Bye

Do you have a A record associate with server1? The host command should
have given you something like this

host alias1
alias1.altum.de is an alias for server1.
server1 has address 192.168.1.1

Preferable it should look like this if server1 is joined to the domain.

host alias1
alias1.altum.de is an alias for server1.altum.de.
server1.altum.de has address 192.168.1.1

James