[Samba] Samba AD DC authenticated by external Kerberos (~ Re: Samba authentication using non-AD Kerberos?)

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo arifsaha at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 27 13:22:24 UTC 2017

On 2017-04-27, 07:13, Gaiseric Vandal via samba wrote:
> A Samba AD directory server (domain controller) is its own
> kerberos server. I don't see how you could configure it to use
> another KDC.

I don't know Kerberos much, so I am wondering can something like
this "delegated"?

> Depending on how may computers in your environment, it may be
> easier to have the non-AD Kerberos clients use to the Samba DC
> as the KDC.

Definitely not easier in my case. The current OpenLDAP &
Kerberos server will definitely stay and most services will
still use it. I need to get a way for MS Windows to mount shares
from my server using credentials from existing OpenLDAP &
Kerberos authentication system.

Thank you.

--
    ____  ____  ____  ____ (stephan paul) Arif Sahari Wibowo