[Samba] Setup a new samba AD DC

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Apr 26 06:27:19 UTC 2017

On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 01:55:16 +0200
Dario Lesca via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

Your problem is that you need to find out just who dhcpd runs as on
fedora. On Devuan it is root and everything just works.

> But the procedure fail to add the PTR record for new IP.
>
> Seem I have a DNS problem with reverse zone.
>
> # host 10.11.12.200 #(AD-DC IP)
> Host 200.12.11.10.in-addr.arpa. not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
> # samba-tool dns zonelist $(hostname)
>   2 zone(s) found
>
>   pszZoneName                 : solinos.loc
>   Flags                       : DNS_RPC_ZONE_DSINTEGRATED
> DNS_RPC_ZONE_UPDATE_SECURE ZoneType                    :
> DNS_ZONE_TYPE_PRIMARY Version                     : 50
>   dwDpFlags                   : DNS_DP_AUTOCREATED
> DNS_DP_DOMAIN_DEFAULT DNS_DP_ENLISTED pszDpFqdn                   :
> DomainDnsZones.solinos.loc
>
>   pszZoneName                 : _msdcs.solinos.loc
>   Flags                       : DNS_RPC_ZONE_DSINTEGRATED
> DNS_RPC_ZONE_UPDATE_SECURE ZoneType                    :
> DNS_ZONE_TYPE_PRIMARY Version                     : 50
>   dwDpFlags                   : DNS_DP_AUTOCREATED
> DNS_DP_FOREST_DEFAULT DNS_DP_ENLISTED pszDpFqdn                   :
> ForestDnsZones.solinos.loc

You didn't have a reversezone

> I have try to create the missing reverse zone:
>
> # samba-tool dns zonecreate $(hostname) 12.11.10.in-addr.arpa
> Zone 12.11.10.in-addr.arpa created successfully
>
> But now the error when dhcp update dns is:
> apr 26 01:31:35 fedora-addc.solinos.loc named[901]: client
> 127.0.0.1#36099/key dhcpduser\@SOLINOS.LOC: updating zone
> '10.IN-ADDR.ARPA/IN': update failed: not authoritative for update
> zone (NOTAUTH)

Whilst you seem to have created the '12.11.10.in-addr.arpa'
reversezone, it seems to be trying to update the '10.IN-ADDR.ARPA'
reversezone. Can you check what zones you have now.

Rowland