[Samba] Setup a new samba AD DC

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Apr 25 16:53:41 UTC 2017

On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 18:29:47 +0200
Dario Lesca via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Another questions:
>
> Where is the better place to set:
>
>  - logon script = netlogon.bat
>    and other logon options

Actually the best place to set them is per user in AD.

>  - wins support = yes

No where, AD uses DNS instead

>  - load printers = yes

On the computer that you want to be a print server, in your case
probably the member server.

> I have join a samba server to AD with success.
>
> This is my member server smb.conf
>

>    password server = fedora-addc.solinos.loc

Can I suggest you remove the above line, the domain member should find
it via dns

> 	winbind enum users = yes
> 	winbind enum groups = yes

You should remove the 'winbind enum' lines, you do not need them

> 	store dos attributes = yes

You should also add:

    vfs objects = acl_xattr
    map acl inherit = Yes

> this my /etc/krb5.conf

You only actually need:

> > [libdefaults]
> >  default_realm = SOLINOS.LOC
> >  dns_lookup_realm = false
> >  dns_lookup_kdc = true

> I have start with "idmap config * : range = 16777216-33554431" (now
> commented) then I have change it to new per domain value.
>
> I must to reset some cache? How to reset the local ID?
>
> If I check the user still have the old id mapping (I believe)

Run 'net cache flush'

Rowland