[Samba] doubt

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Apr 25 15:39:26 UTC 2017

On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 11:46:01 -0300
Luiz Guilherme Nunes Fernandes <narutospinal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, i use samba wiki tutorial, well my actually config:
>
> I use winbind for work with getent searchs. In network no package sssd
> installed. I start services winbind, smbd and nmbd
>
> Well, really, about the confusion, I did not understand what you
> meant.

I thought you had missed it, I always thought it wasn't very clear ;-(

If you read this wiki page:

Under the block of code there is this line:

 You must add an ID mapping configuration for every domain in the
 [global] section of your smb.conf file. Please select from the
 following Samba domain back ends

This isn't very clear and it would seem that you didn't understand it.

Under the line there is a box that lists the winbind backends. You are
supposed to select one to use and click on the required link to go to
the page that will tell you how to set it up.

I will attempt to make it clearer.

> The other config are not changed, they are the same ones when you
> helped the problems of the kerberos.

Sorry, but I missed that you hadn't set up the winbind DOMAIN backend.

Rowland