[Samba] Setting up a Share Using Windows ACLs

Miguel Medalha medalist at sapo.pt
Tue Apr 25 13:41:44 UTC 2017

> What I do think is, it isn't a good idea to create Samba shares with
> spaces in the name, use an underscore instead.

Why? I have been using shares with spaces in their names for years
without running into problems even once.

Windows fully supports it, so should and does Samba.

In a business environment you NEED proper, human readable names, not
ugly convoluted substitutes.

Just declare the names in smb.conf as they are, without trying to escape
anything. It just works.