[Samba] Purge Trash Fileserver

Dario Lesca d.lesca at solinos.it
Tue Apr 25 13:20:29 UTC 2017

Il giorno mar, 25/04/2017 alle 09.25 -0300, Carlos A. P. Cunha via
samba ha scritto:
> Hello
> My fileserver is a samba 4.5.4, in Ubuntu 14.04, is all ok.
> My question is,
>
> Have the recycle bin enabled, and would like a way to rotate the
> files,
> already have something today that is via find
>

> Find /mnt/samba -depth -mtime +30 -print -delete
>

> This works however, it will delete the files inside the destination
> with
> more than 30 days, but this more than 30 days is not when it went to
> the
> bin but the date of the file, which does not change when it is
> deleted .
>
> Examples:
>
> File with date of 2015, was deleted now in 2017, when run the find
> it
> will erase this file, even if it was deleted on the same day.
>

> What I would like is to see an alternative to find or when it goes
> the bin it is changed (date) to find it to be correct.
>
> Any idea ?

This is what I do for clear my trash:

# echo '/usr/sbin/tmpwatch --dirmtime --atime --force $[24*30] /u/samba/cestino/' > /etc/cron.daily/cestino
# chmod 755 /etc/cron.daily/cestino

The tricks is '--atime', then if you want still use your command with
find, you can try '-atime' find option.

Hope this help

Thanks

--
Dario Lesca
(inviato dal mio Linux Fedora 25 Workstation)