[Samba] Purge Trash Fileserver

Carlos A. P. Cunha carlos.hollow at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 12:25:21 UTC 2017

Hello
My fileserver is a samba 4.5.4, in Ubuntu 14.04, is all ok.
My question is,

Have the recycle bin enabled, and would like a way to rotate the files,
already have something today that is via find

Find /mnt/samba -depth -mtime +30 -print -delete

This works however, it will delete the files inside the destination with
more than 30 days, but this more than 30 days is not when it went to the
bin but the date of the file, which does not change when it is deleted .

Examples:

File with date of 2015, was deleted now in 2017, when run the find it
will erase this file, even if it was deleted on the same day.

What I would like is to see an alternative to find or when it goes to
the bin it is changed (date) to find it to be correct.

Any idea ?

Regards