[Samba] Files not visible on macOS

Oliver Werner oliver.werner at kontrast.de
Mon Apr 24 09:36:13 UTC 2017

Hi,

we have a new problem with our samba server (version 4.4.12).

We are using macOS (10.11 /10.12) and when we are connected to the samba server some users not seeing all files other users can see all files. These are not .* - Files.

Our configuration of the smb.conf would be below.

[global]
       netbios name = ID-175
       security = ADS
       workgroup = HQ
       realm = HQ.LOCAL

       log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
	 	 log level = 3 passdb:5 auth:10 winbind:10

       kerberos method = secrets and keytab

       winbind trusted domains only = no
       winbind use default domain = yes
       winbind enum users  = yes
       winbind enum groups = yes
       winbind cache time = 300
	winbind refresh tickets = yes

       # Default idmap config used for BUILTIN and local accounts/groups
       idmap config *:backend = tdb
       idmap config *:range = 500-1023

       # idmap config for domain HQKONTRAST
       idmap config HQKONTRAST:backend = ad
       idmap config HQKONTRAST:schema_mode = rfc2307
       idmap config HQKONTRAST:range = 1024-99999

       # Use settings from AD for login shell and home directory
       winbind nss info = rfc2307

[Customers]
   comment = deleted daily
   path = /data/customers
   browseable = yes
   writeable = yes
   public = yes
   force group = Kontrast_Intern
   create mask = 0666
   directory mask = 0777
   vfs objects = full_audit
   full_audit:prefix = %u
   full_audit:success = mkdir rename rmdir unlink pwrite
   full_audit:failure = none
   full_audit:facility = LOCAL5
   full_audit:priority = NOTICE

Maybe someone have an idea?