[Samba] checking replication after Samba update

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Apr 22 15:02:24 UTC 2017

On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 09:27:09 -0500
Bob of Donelson Trophy <bob at donelsontrophy.net> wrote:

> So, two questions:
>
> 1. I am correct, run the "samba-db-check-repl.sh" to check the
> replication discussed within the Samba updating instructions mentioned
> in my initial post?

I take it this is Louis's script, if so yes

> 2. Old (first) DC (the one running the FSMO roles) is still running
> Samba v4.5.0 and will be updated as soon as I finish confirming I do
> not have any replication problems. If this is the only complaint I am
> seeing then most likely the DC's are replicating fine?

Correct, as I said, you can ignore case errors and if you do not have
any other errors, then you do not really have any errors.

> Okay, three questions, any other tests I need to run to confirm
> replication is okay between the two DC's?

Oh come on, you said two questions ;-)

Louis's script runs the tests you need to run, so no, you don't need
to run anything else to check replication.

Rowland