[Samba] checking replication after Samba update

Bob of Donelson Trophy bob at donelsontrophy.net
Sat Apr 22 13:47:53 UTC 2017

On 2017-04-22 07:36, Bob of Donelson Trophy via samba wrote:

> I have updated from Samba 4.5.0 to 4.6.2 on my second DC and all appears
> good, so far.
>
> On the "https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Updating_Samba" [1 [1]] page of the
> documentation in section "Updating Multiple Samba Domain Controllers".
> The last line " . . . and always verify that the replication is working
> correctly."
>
> The replication discussed here. Is this the database? (i.e. run
> "samba-tool dbcheck"?)
>
> --
> _______________________________
>
> Bob Wooden of Donelson Trophy
>
> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Updating_Samba"

I remembered and ran "samba-db-check-repl.sh" and I am seeing the
following at the end of the generated email:

* Result for [DNSFOREST]: FAILURE

SUMMARY
---------

Attributes found only in ldap://dtdc3.dtsh.dt:

    DC

Attributes found only in ldap://dtdc4.dtsh.dt.:

    dc

Is this capitalization and non-capitalized causing me issues?
Suggestions?

--

[1] https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Updating_Samba&quot