[Samba] Domain DFS on new share

Jonathan Hunter jmhunter1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 21:27:06 UTC 2017

On 21 April 2017 at 14:08, L.P.H. van Belle via samba
<samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> Hmm i did a good review on the subject.
>
> As far as i can tell, on samba dfs works but not with \\your.domain.tld
> Just tested this also on my 4.5.8 DC's and member servers.
>[...]
> Reading again :
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Distributed_File_System_(DFS)
>
> And my conclusion is, domain-based dfs does not work (yet) in samba.

Agreed, currently it does not. The frustrating thing is, it used to
work with Samba, and it's frustrating that it does not work any longer
:)

I'm not a great coder in Samba internals, but I am keen to help as
much as I can to at least figure out what would need to be fixed in
order to get this working once more. I do appreciate that without
somebody more experienced than me looking at it, the answer might be
that it simply won't get fixed in the foreseeable future, though.

Thanks! :)

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called
research, would it?"
      - Albert Einstein