[Samba] Domain DFS on new share

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Apr 21 13:08:28 UTC 2017

Hai,

Hmm i did a good review on the subject.

As far as i can tell, on samba dfs works but not with \\your.domain.tld
Just tested this also on my 4.5.8 DC's and member servers.
\\DC1\dfs
\\DC2\dfs
Etc. works fine.

Reading again :
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Distributed_File_System_(DFS)

And my conclusion is, domain-based dfs does not work (yet) in samba.

Greetz,

Louis