[Samba] Samba authentication using non-AD Kerberos?

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo arifsaha at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 19 16:09:07 UTC 2017

On 2017-04-19, 01:22, Stefan Just via samba wrote:
> There is a tutorial how to make a Kerberos server to be a
> samba server too.

I don't have option to do changes in the Kerberos server, at
least not now. Is that the only way to have samba authenticated
from a non-AD Kerberos server to be connectable from MS Windows
and macOS clients?

On 2017-04-19, 08:10, Stefan Just via samba wrote:
> libpam-smbpass was dropped with Samba 4.4. So you have to use
> samba 4.3.

Is there any other solution that not yet obsoleted?

Thank you!

--
    ____  ____  ____  ____ (stephan paul) Arif Sahari Wibowo
   /___  /___/ /___/ /___      http://www.arifsaha.com/