[Samba] Samba authentication using non-AD Kerberos?

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo arifsaha at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 18 18:36:55 UTC 2017

On 2017-04-17, 15:23, Andrew Bartlett via samba wrote:
> No, but your clients will need to get a ticket somehow.  That
> is presumably already happening otherwise you wouldn't be
> asking for this.

No, the situation is that currently I only have Kerberos server,
but not ADS. I like to setup Samba server so MS Windows and
macOS clients (in various IP address) can login to it, but I
like to use existing Kerberos server as the authentication
source.

Will this be possible?

Can this be done without the MS Windows and macOS client have
direct access to the Kerberos server?

> You need a keytab for cifs/hostname just as you would for IMAP
> or some other kerberised service.

Do you know how this works in MS Windows / macOS?

--
    ____  ____  ____  ____ (stephan paul) Arif Sahari Wibowo
   /___  /___/ /___/ /___      http://www.arifsaha.com/