[Samba] doubt

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Apr 17 16:06:01 UTC 2017

On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 12:39:33 -0300
Luiz Guilherme Nunes Fernandes via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> I added a linux server to the Active Directory domain, I realized
> that the samba-winbind package uses the smb.conf file, but I also
> need to use the same linux server with shares, if I install the samba
> package, this package use the smb.conf file. Is there a solution?

Is this actually a problem ???
This is the way Samba usually works, one smb.conf that winbind uses to
get the authentication settings which it passes to smbd (over
simplification) and smbd uses the same smb.conf to get its settings and
the shares info.

It might help if you could tell us just how you expect Samba to work.

> Then i have problem with 2 services.
>
> Example
> systemctl services:
>
> smb.service
> winbind.service

Yes, you do have a problem, 'nmb' isn't running ;-)

Rowland